Tigers game July 2010

Friday, March 6, 2009

Catch up

I really have to get better at doing this a little more often. Although, in the life of a single chick, there really isn't always that much to tell.

I went back to the Baptist church last Sunday to check out the traditional service. The pastor asked my name and remembered (although never meeting me in person, only email) that I live in Tecumseh. That's pretty impressive. I think I like the contemporary service better. I definitely love the diversity of the congregation. This week I have to ring bells at mom's church so I guess I won't get back there. There's also one more I think I want to try in A2. I would love to find a church that actually has a singles ministry but I think that may be asking too much at this point.

I have continued to work out at least 2 times a week and although I haven't lost any more weight, I am proud of myself for getting there. As I rummaged through some pictures last night, I found one I'm going to keep in my car to motivate me not to eat. I am a closet eater and I do the most damage when I'm out and about. So, maybe this will help. Little steps, I guess.

I was suppose to have a nice long day at home tomorrow, cleaning and hanging out in front of the tv. My brother said he'd try to come out with a ladder to change the battery in my smoke alarm since I can't reach it. But then, of course, I get a phone call last night at 9:30 asking can I pick up mom and dad Saturday night so they can go up north for the day. What? So, now you're not coming over at all and I have to do in to Detroit to get mom and dad so you can go up north? Nice! Of course I said yes, however, since I'm ringing bells in Plymouth Sunday morning and the folks land at 8:00 pm, this means, I'll be spending the night at their house. Not what I had planned. And to top it off, it wasn't even Craig who called, he made Teri do it. Whatever! I wonder what they would've done if, like a typical night, I was already in bed and didn't get the call. Would they have cancelled their trip cuz they don't know if I can get to the airport? What if I had plans? I guess they thought mom and dad were coming home tonight. Whatever.

I'm almost done with reading The Shack. I have to say it's interesting. I've found that I have to consciously slow down my reading or I miss it. Since it's a novel, I read it fast but I should take it in like a study book. It's funny how I've been asked by people if it's the first time I read it. That's not the typical book conversation.

Tonight, I'm going to Plymouth as well, for my friend Leanne's birthday. That should be fun. A late night but at least I can sleep in tomorrow. Maybe I'll even make it to the gym.

Think this gets you completely caught up for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment