Tigers game July 2010

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Woo hoo

So, I made it 2 nights at the gym this week. Yahoo! And, my co-worker LeAnn came with me to FitBall tonight. I LOVE that class. I'm starting to love it more than Zumba. It's definitely a killer work out. That would be evidenced by LeAnn leaning over to me and saying "this sucks" in the first 20 minutes. But, she, I mean we, made it and it was fun. She did like it but it is ackward at first. That's a given. You know what else I discovered? When you watch the news on the while on the treadmill, sometimes you work longer. They had those teasers of "coming up next" and there was a story I wanted to see. It took a lot longer than "next" so I was on the treadmill yesterday for an hour. Wow. That's big for me. The story? The song by John Rich called Detroit Shutdown (or something like that). I loved it. I think it's great that he did this. I think the irony is that the people I work with who love country music will never understand the gravity of the situation. Detroit is like a foreign country to them. It drives me crazy sometimes.

Today was a good day at work today. Had a mobilization so lots of time to do nothing while they were locked down this morning. Then I ran my group which was all new guys today. I love that part of it. Especially when some of them actually talk. Which, they did today. Of course, I hook them with Marvin Gaye right out of the gate. I'm so smart. They loved it. And I love my group.

Only 2 more weeks and I will be in a van on the way to the beach. Yippee kiayo. How do you spell that? Anyway, I didn't get my weight lost by then but I think I'm still in better shape than I was. And, no I can focus on losing it by Memorial Weekend for the singles conference at Green Lake.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's Yippee Ki Yay?? Who knows. I do know it "Shuttin' Detroit Down", which is funny b/c I don't even like country.

    ReplyDelete