Tigers game July 2010

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Silly Lily the kitty

So, I have a cat named Lily. She is really the funniest, cutest thing most of the time. She is a Maine Coon cat. The second one I've ever owned and there are definitely things native to the breed. Like, acting like a dog. My first Maine Coon would come to greet me at the door when I came home. Wait, Lily does that too. When Lily hears the garage door, she rolls on her back and stretches out for me to rub her belly the minute I walk in the door. If I don't, she runs in front of me wherever I go and throws herself there waiting for a belly rub. My favorite? When she goes flying down the basement stairs and waits at the bottom all stretched out saying "look at how cute I am". Although, Caleb would play fetch with a rope. Hmmmm, Lily loves her green ribbon. She doesn't always bring it back to me. In fact, when she doesn't want to play together, she usually gets it in her teeth and trots off with it. Hilarious. I've actually seen her play with it by herself, throwing it in the air and pouncing it.

Her newest trick? Begging/scratching at the door to go out. What? I let her out a few Sundays ago when it was nice. I sat on the porch and she timidly smelled around the door jam and porch. Eventually, she went towards the garage. I put her back on the porch and she headed straight for the grass. Brave little soul. Anyway, usually when I clap my hands and scoot her toward the door with my foot, she goes right in. Not this day, she wanted to stay out. It took a lot of coaxing to get her back inside. And then what does she do? Scratch at the door and meow at it. She even did a somersault to get on her back to scratch upwards. She has been meowing to go out almost every day since. This morning I decided to let her out with me to check temperature. She bolted right out the door. She's never done that. She went right onto the back patio. When I tried to get her to come in, she wasn't having it. I finally picked her up and I swear, she was fighting to get back down. When I finally got her in, she immediately went to pawing the door. The most hilarious part was I have a Christmas bell still hanging from the doorknob. (I know, I know...don't say it) So, as she was pawing the door, she hit the bell. I am sure it was unintentional but at the time, it sure didn't seem like it. Hilarious. Tonight, she was on her back paws, stretched up and it looked like she was reaching for the door handle. I swear, she is too smart for her own good.

There was a very slight chance I was going to take in a dog for a friend. I was really worried what it would do to Lily. Don't get me wrong, I am a dog girl and I miss having one. Not even really a cat person but I keep inheriting them somehow. Anyway, I have to say that I am kind of relieved that Zoey will not be interupting the fun Lily has with me. Or, wait? Is it the other way around? Regardless, she really makes me laugh and I am grateful to have that around. That's my silly Lily!

No comments:

Post a Comment