Tigers game July 2010

Thursday, February 19, 2009

God is So Good

Well, I haven't been able to get here recently and I am going to try and do better about that.

Right now, I have so much to be thankful for. My mom's surgery found NO CANCER!!!! Praise God. My annual squish is today so we'll see what's what. I have been clean since my needle biopsy but I know I have a-typical cells like my mom. She will be going to a genetic counselor to find out other things to do in her lifestyle to prevent cancer. I can't wait to see what they say that I might be able to adopt as well.

On another note, my niece was baptized on Sunday. She's 11 and she has the faith and passion of David, I swear. She is such an inspiration. On top of that, my oldest niece went to Acquire the Fire and re-dedicated her life to Jesus. How amazing is that???? Actually, the biggest surprise is my brother. He's one of those guys who thinks he learned it all as a kid and doesn't have to go to church anymore. He still believes but would rather sleep in on Sunday morning. So, the kids go to church with my dad. Well, apparently there were still tickets for Saturday's Acquire the Fire and Cayleigh (the 11 year old) wanted to go. So, Craig took her. When I asked her how it was she said this...."Great. It was really cool. I saw things I never thought I'd see." I asked like what? Her response? "My dad was singing along with his hands in the air". WOW!!!!! Now, I've been to Acquire the Fire and it is fantastic and truly an emotional experience. When the girls and I went to buy Cayleigh her new Bible, they told me Craig particularly liked Jeremy Camp. So, we bought him a new JC cd. My brother loves music but wouldn't know the first thing about Christian artists. Hopefully, this will get him started. He was really touched. And, when Breanna had to stand in front of the church Sunday night to talk about her experience, she said her dad was crying and she couldn't believe it. I can. Jesus is in his heart and I just hope he's becoming a little more active in his walk. My sister in law was baptized after they were married but none of us are sure she really gets it. I know that can be hard in a marriage as well. She likes going to church and singing and all the social things. I'm just not sure how deep that goes.

Anyway, that's the update from this end. More to come, I'm sure.
Praise God for my two beautiful neices, Breanna and Cayleigh, who are now permanent members of the family of God!!! He is so good!

1 comment:

  1. Praise the SWEET Lord in Heaven!!!! I love to hear about people giving themselves to out precious Lord! Keep up the good work!!! Miss you Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete