Tigers game July 2010

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Home from Oshkosh and overanalyzing

So, I am now home safe and sound from meeting Dave for the weekend. It was great fun. I got there a lot later than we thought, Chicago and construction being the culprit. But, 9 hours later, I was there. We had chili that he had made for dinner and it was delicious. He gave me the grand tour of the house, really nicely decorated for being a bachelor pad and then we watched "Hero! The Musical". Loved it. But, I was soooo tired. So, Saturday morning, we took our time and got ready and had breakfast at I-Hop. Yum! Haven't been there since I was a kid. His treat. And, we're off. Lifest is super cool and really amazing. We walked thru all the carnival food, luckily full from breakfast and went to the Marketplace to shop. We took in some of the talent show and then took our purchases to the car. We went to hear Peder that afternoon and unfortunately, didn't get to talk to him. He was in a rush so I got a quick hug and that was it. Bummer. But, as always, Peder did a wonderful praise and worship, larengitis and all. We met Mary Ann and chatted for a little bit and then we headed to the car to get our chairs for Third Day. We also saw Mark Schultz, Tim Hawkins, Hawk Nelson and Stellar Kart. Lakita Garth was the keynote speaker and she was really cool and amazing. Then, it was Third Day. LOVED IT!!!! I finally got to hear "Thief" live. Last time I saw them, they didn't do it.

Anyway, weekend wrapped up with church this morning, a drive through town and then me hitting the road home. And, instantaly regretting it. Why didn't I stay? What am I feeling? What am I afraid of? Hmmmm, let's see....totally comfortable with this man. Always talking and laughing. He even played the guitar and sang one of his songs for me. So, why am I home tonight? CHICKEN! I didn't have a reason why and I kept thinking about it. But, I'm analyzing now. Here's why. (Thank you, heather) I am afraid of getting too close, too fast. Emotionally. This is unlike ANY of my past relationships, making it uncharted territory. And, uncomfortable. So, throw in a little sabotage, and you have the makings of a poor decision. Coming home.

As my dad says....let it ride. So, that's what I'm doing. Praying, continuing to talk to Dave and having him come here in August. Which, I can't wait for. Just gonna see what happens and let it be.

Did I mention that Dave wrote a poem for me after I left today? No, I didn't. But, he did. It was exceptionally sweet and I love it. Reminds me of Mary and Scott and the song Scott wrote for Mary. Maybe this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Wait, not maybe...it is. Just what kind of relationship develops is in God's hands. For now, I'm letting it ride....

No comments:

Post a Comment