Tigers game July 2010

Monday, July 13, 2009

Be

So, last night, as I lay in bed, overanalyzing the weekend some more, I really tried to pray. I kept singing Peder's song over and over and over...out loud even, as I lay in bed trying to sleep. Look at these words. They're so powerful for me right now.....

Be still and know that I am God.
Be still and know that I am.
Be still and know.
Be still.
Be.

There's a hook that's perfect too but this was what I felt God was saying last night. "Just give it to me". I also heard the word "restoration". Could it be? Could it be that with all my past and all my junk that God could maybe have someone like Dave be my future and through that restore me? I know that God doesn't just repair, but restore, us. I've never quite comprehended that. As I lay in bed telling God how ironic our two pasts are, His answer was "restoration". For now, I'll give it to God, and just BE!

No comments:

Post a Comment