Tigers game July 2010

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Clarification

See, the thing about Maxey is that we were together for 14 years. We saw some crazy stuff and we went through A LOT OF STUFF together over those years. We may not have always agreed with each other, we may not have always even liked each other, but we always watched out for each other. We were quite a diverse group of people and there were a lot of Christians. That makes any environment easier to handle. Especially one like Maxey. I still remember when I was struggling with something (can't remember what) and good old Ms. Tutt pulled my butt in the bathroom with Ms. Perryman and we prayed right then and there. Now that is something that would never happen in the prison. Not only because it can't but because there aren't a lot of those kind of people.

I talked to Rose this morning and I said "you have no idea what I would do for a Tommie Chaney hug right now". And as I said that to Dorothy today, I realized that's what it comes down to, doesn't it? That's what I miss. The people that love me for me and who aren't afraid to show it. People who love the Lord and other people and who are trying to make a difference.

So, I will sit here and remember my friends with a giant smile on my face. Yesterday my cheeks hurt from all the laughing we did. That is what I will remember and cherish and carry with me. At least until the picnic in 2 weeks when I will add more memories and laughs. Duane would have wanted it that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment